Information about WICU
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn about WICU
Western Illinois Credit Union is a member owned financial cooperative. The credit union encourages savings and offers safe, alternative and competitive rates on financial services that will meet the needs of the overall membership while promoting long-term financial stability. The credit union exercises leadership and integrity to create an atmosphere of trust and continuity for the benefit of the members.
Serving our members is our first and foremost priority. From time to time, Western Illinois Credit Union receives questions regarding the financial services we provide and the general operations of our organization. If you have a question that is not answered below, please contact Western Illinois Credit Union by phone at 309.298.2986 and our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.
Who Can Join?
Western Illinois Credit Union has expanded its Membership to the Community. If you live, work, or attend school in the following counties:
- Past/Present Employees or Students of WIU
Also, as a WICU Member, your family members are eligible to join. If you are a member of Western Illinois Credit Union: your spouse, children, siblings, parents and grandparents can also become members.
How do I join Western Illinois Credit Union?
At this time, you may open your membership at our office during normal business hours.
What information should I bring with me to open my membership?
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal Law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying government issued documents.
- A valid photo ID (must have a picture and signature)
- ID examples: Drivers License, State ID, passport, visa etc.
- $5 minimum balance required to open an account
- Proof of address if address differs from ID
- Your email address
- Existing loan information in order to refinance your loan with us
- You can print out a loan application, fill it out, and bring it in with you to speed up your processing time. Adobe Acrobat required, click here to download.
- Credit card information to transfer your balances
- Existing checking account information such as any ACH or electronic withdrawals so we can help you make a smooth transition to your new Checking Account
Is my personal information safe at Western Illinois Credit Union?
Here at WICU, your privacy and financial security are our top priorities. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from these sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms, such as: your name, address, social security number, assets, and income.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as: your credit worthiness and credit history.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, and others, such as: your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions, and credit card usage.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to service providers and companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, such as: CUNA Mutual Insurance, check printing companies, or other financial entities with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to the regulatory agencies that oversee our operations, such as the Illinois Department of Financial Institutions and the National Credit Union Administration, as well as our private independent auditors.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
If you decide to terminate your membership we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
Are my deposits insured?
Yes, all deposits made with Western Illinois Credit Union are federally insured up to $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund.
Does Western Illinois Credit Union offer internet banking?
Yes, WICU has an online access initiative. This system enables WICU members to conveniently manage their accounts online. The system is secure and uses state of the art encryption technologies to ensure safe internet access to their accounts.
Location & Hours
322 West University Drive
Macomb, IL 61455
Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 3:30
Friday 8:30 – 5:00
Monday – Friday 7:30 – 5:00